Don’t forget to check Charlotte Fresh’s Special Events page for these upcoming local events:
- Monday, February 28, 2011 – Beer Dinner at Harvest Moon Grille at the Dunhill. Featuring craft brews from Lone Rider Brewing Company of Raleigh paired with spectacular local cuisine. 6 courses for $45 per person. Call the restaurant at 704-342-1193 or use Open Table for reservations.
- Stay tuned for info on a Harvest Moon Grille Restaurant/Grateful Growers Farm mushroom growing class…
- Saturday, March 19, 2011: Baxter Village Spring Fling, 2:00-6:00 p.m., Springmaid Park. Check out Poplar Ridge Farm – they deliver weekly to the Fort Mill/Baxter Village area, so find out more about them.
- Sunday, March 20, 2011: Proffitt Familly Farms Cooking Class with Heidi Billotto and Farm Tour, 1:00-4:00 pm. Begin with a farm tour followed by a demonstration-style cooking class to prepare 4-5 courses featuring beef as the main ingredient. Wine pairings, and tastings, accompany each course. Class participants will receive a packet of recipes and wine notes plus the opportunity to shop after class at the Proffitt Farm’s farm store. Cost is $65 per person. For more details and to make your reservation for the class, please email Heidi at hlnc@Carolina.rr.com.
- March 25-27, 2011: The Carolina Meat Conference in Concord, NC. A weekend of workshops, training, panel speakers and networking. Consumers can learn more about the local meat industry from extension service, USDA representatives, the Farm Bureau, farmers, butchers, chefs and other experts, as well as participate in sessions on home kitchen butchering techniques. See site for information, session rates and registration details. CSFA members get a discount registering before Feb. 18. For more info on the CSFA discount, email email@example.com.