Remember to regularly check Charlotte Fresh’s Special Events page so you don’t miss local events; the page is updated all the time with cool things to do. Here are some upcoming events for April:
- Thursday, April 7, 2011: Whiskey Warehouse in The Plaza features Olde Mecklenburg Brewery local beer and a local food dinner supporting our public library. 7:00pm. Chef Sam works his magic with food from: Grateful Growers, Calico Dairy Farms, Lucky Leaf Gardens, Lady Jayne’s Bakery and others. Vegetarian option available – email Al@whiskeycharlotte.com by April 2. Tickets are $25 with the donation of 3 books or $28 without the books. 20% of all revenue will be donated to the library. For more info, see website.
- Saturday, April 16 & Sunday, April 17, 2011: Save the dates for the 16th Annual Piedmont Farm Tour, co-sponsored by CFSA and Weaver Street Market. More detail about this tour in the Chapel Hill area can be found at their website. Sign up for your tour button early!
- Thursday, April 21, 2011: Bank of America Earth Day Expo, 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m. Location and details TBD. Check out Poplar Ridge Farm who will be in attendance.
- Saturday, April 23, 2011: Passion8 Bistro “Farm-to-Fork Local Vegetables” cooking class. 11:00-1:00pm. $39 per person. Call now to reserve your spot: 803.802.7455.
- Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011: Passion8 Bistro brunch. 11:00am-2:00pm. Three courses of Spring’s bests offerings of local food with Champagne mimosas or San Marzano bloody marys. Brunch is $32 per person; kids under 10 are free. Also that day, the regular dinner menu will be served from 3:00-7:00pm. Call now to reserve for this special occasion: 803.802.7455.