A reminder to keep checking Charlotte Fresh’s Special Events page for upcoming fun and goodies. Here are some you don’t want to miss:
- Friday, July 15, through Sunday, July 24, 2011: The Queen’s Feast, Charlotte Restaurant Week. Various participating restaurants will offer three courses for $30 (not including tax and gratuity) per person. Check out the site for the restaurant list and for making reservations. There are a few participating restaurants that are known for incorporating local food into their menus.
- Saturday, July 16, 2011: Sweet Corn Roast at the Matthews Farmers’ Market. Chef Joseph Bonaparte and other chefs from the International Culinary School at the Art Institute or Charlotte will grill up the freshly harvested ears for this tasty annual market fundraiser. Ears of corn, slathered with your choice of gourmet butters, will be sold for $2 each. All profits go to benefit the farmers’ market.
- Saturday, July 23, 2011: Tomato Tasting Day at the Matthews Farmers’ Market. An opportunity to sample dozens of tomato varieties ranging from the biggest beefsteaks and old-fashioned heirlooms to all kinds of cherry tomatoes. Vote for your favorite, and the farmers who grow the winning varieties get award ribbons to display in their booths for the season.
- Saturday, August 6 & Sunday, August 7, 2011: High Country Farm Tour. Saturday 2:00pm; Sunday 6:00pm. Celebrate the abundance of the Blue Ridge Mountains while supporting local, organic and sustainable farms. See the Blue Ridge Women in Agriculture’s (BRWIA) website for more details and to purchase tickets.
- Monday, August 15, 2011 deadline: Poplar Ridge Farm is currently accepting memberships for a 10-week Fall/Winter 2011 CSA season on a first-come, first-served basis. Late sign-ups will also be available after August 15 for an additional $25. E-mail info@PoplarRidgeFarmNC.com for sign up forms and visit their Event page for more information.